Intro To Spray Tanning
Benefits Of Norvell
There are voice instructions throughout and virtually no dry time. Your results will last 4-7 days depending on your body’s natural exfoliation. In just minutes you will know why Totally Tan is your 1st choice for Spray Tanning.
- iNTELLiSPRAY™ Solution
Scientifically proven, meticulously formulated, first of its kind combination sunless solution. iNTELLiSPRAY™ Solution with built-in xLaTan™ pH Prep Spray is another first by Norvell.
- Integrated Height Sensing Technology
Equipped with height sensors, the auto booth calibrates the tanning session based on the height of the client, creating a completely customized session.
- Recirculation Down-Draft Technology
Working with gravity, pulling solution downward, while warming and comforting the skin.
- Heated Environment
Activates the DHA within the Norvell iNTELLiSPRAY™ Solution, virtually jump starting the tanning process.
- Automated Voice Command – 2 Position Spray Session
No need for special dance instructions or elaborate movements. The revolution moves while you stay put.
- Award Winning HVLP Design
The same award winning HVLP Spray Tanning design virtually simulates a handheld spraying session.
- Virtually No Dry Time
Prepping and After Care
Prepping for a Spray Tan
- Use a Body Polish/Scrub in the shower on damp skin to exfoliate. After, shower, rinse off, and then dry thoroughly. Revive Body Polish works best!
- The soap you use before your spray tan is just as important as after. Avoid bar soaps or in shower moisturizers. Those products can neutralize the DHA bronzing reaction within the skin. It is best to use a pH Balancing product. Something free of Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Sulfate like the Norvell Body Wash.
- Shaving: should be done before your sunless session, never right after.
- Waxing: after your spray tan wait as long as you can, at least 24 hours. We recommend waiting 3 days.
- Prior to your first shower, certain chemicals should be avoided as they can affect the quality of your spray tan. Examples: perfume/deodorant/make-up & certain oil-based products.
- Do not moisturize prior to your spray tan as it can prevent color from developing. We carry skincare that is made for spray tanning and a great option is our Double Dip Intensifier – skin firming!
- pH levels are crucial and can affect how natural your results will be! We highly recommend using a Vivid Renew Mitt & Vivid Amplify Spray for optimal results. These products will balance your pH levels, deodorize the body of the bronzer smell, boost skins amino acids to hydrate and work with the DHA to aid in better color.
- When you come in for your spray tan we recommend wearing dark, loose fitting clothing with open shoes!
After Care for a Spray Tan
- After your spray tan, avoid getting wet in any way until your first shower. (Ideally the next day)
- Avoid touching your skin with your hands as the bronzer can transfer.
(Our Revive Body Polish will remove any staining of the palms & feet if this does happen)
- Avoid exercise, sweating, washing dishes, rain, swimming & anything that would cause the skin to get wet as this can cause an uneven result.
- Excessive sweating at night may cause rub off onto bed linens, so sleep on dark sheets.
- To allow the DHA (spray tanning effect) to fully develop:
- Wait 8- 24 hours to shower.
- Waiting 24 hours will give fullest effect whether you chose instant or delayed.
- During your first shower use only water to rinse off. If you chose the instant bronzer solution for your spray tan you may see it rinse off, but the delayed bronzer will be fully developed underneath.
- Do not scrub or use sulfate, mineral oil, or petroleum on your skin as it can affect your results.
- We do recommend keeping your skin hydrated and we offer Norvell Color Correcting Hydrator to help enrich the color from your results!
Remember that spray-tanning results will vary with different individuals and circumstances.
Hormones, PH levels of the skin, stress, exhaustion, or any herbal or prescribed medication may also affect your results.